Cannabis Sativa Hemp Oil from the hemp seed is highly nutritious and may be especially helpful for the skin.
The vitamins and fatty acids in this oil may help keep the skin healthy and prevent breakouts.
A 2014 study looking at the Cannabis Sativa Hemp Oil profile of hemp seed oil found that it is rich in healthful oils and fatty acids.
The abundance of fatty acids may make the oil an excellent choice for nourishing the skin and protecting it from inflammation, oxidation, and other causes of aging.
The authors of a 2014 review note that the topical application of hemp seed oil strengthens the skin and makes it better able to resist infection. The authors also suggest that hemp seed oil may be a helpful treatment for a range of skin issues, including:
- varicose eczema
- lichen planus, an inflammatory skin condition
- acne rosace
- Wash my face! Mix equal parts of hemp seed oil, apple cider vinegar, and rose water to make a face wash. Shake well and pour about a tablespoon on a warm wash cloth.*
- Mask my face! Mix equal parts of hemp seed oil, rose water, and rose clay to make a face mask. Click here for the recipe: Rose Clay Mask
- Moisturize my skin! Rub a small amount on the face for glow and moisturization!*
- It is important to buy cold pressed hemp seed oil from reliable sources. Plus, note that this oil oxidizes and turns rancid easily. Thus, look at the expiration date when purchasing. Avoid oil with a rancid smell. Also, consider adding vitamin E or a rosemary antioxidant to help hemp seed oil last longer.